Why the A1 Major Klagenfurt rocks the Wörthersee
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Beach volleyball players are preparing for the Olympics, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the A1 Major Klagenfurt kicks off next week!
With Klagenfurt so tantalizingly close, here’s our five-step guide to why you should put all your plans on hold and join the crazy crowds in Carinthia.
- The atmosphere of the crowd is like no other place on earth. Yes, we know you might think this sounds a little bit over the top…but it’s true. The noise and color of the crowd in Klagenfurt simply cannot be topped anywhere else in the world, especially if there is success for the Austrian teams. You really should come along and be a part of it…And of course once the sun goes down you can party until the sun comes up.
- Olympic stars are warming-up for Rio. At our last look at the entry list, a total of 21 teams bound for this summer’s Olympic Games will be on show on Klagenfurt’s courts. That’s impressive and further enhances how important the tournament is to the stars. Of those 21 teams two hail from Austria, Doppler/Horst and Huber/Seidl, who will not only be out to impress their legion of fans but also put down a marker ahead of their participation in Rio.
- The Final Countdown…Success in this most prestigious of Majors is also important to the players as it is the penultimate tournament on the FIVB World Tour in which they can obtain ranking points for the Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals – which, you now know, will be taking place in Toronto, Canada, in September. Therefore, the competition will be as fierce as ever: and that means great beach volleyball is guaranteed!
- Klagenfurt is beautiful. After a long day soaking up the sun on the Center Court what could be better than dipping your toes in the crystal clear waters of the Wörthersee and taking in the stunning Carinthian scenery?
- And finally…Because it’s Klagenfurt, okay? The town isn’t called the capital of beach volleyball for nothing! See you at the beach!